Double Sided Retail Shelf Tag.
Until the introduction of our patented Tuck-In Tear signs (U.S. Pat. No. 8,011,126), traditional shelf signs have been one sided, leaving essentially 50 percent waste per sign! This simple realization led to the merging of barcode and permanent pricing information (UPL's) with the shelf sign that goes at the same shelf location. The results were overwhelmingly positive from both Corporate and In-Store Operations.
This idea spawned a custom shelf tag specifically for use with plastic shelf edge data strips. Now retailers can use an all paper sign stock which offers cost efficiencies and overall improvements over common adhesive backed products. Each sign prints with your regular pricing info on the backside in addition to your custom weekly promotion, a product image to help stockers at store level, and a pre-scored fold for easy and secure hanging.
The Tuck-In Tear sign format works by wedging itself against the shelf edge lip and the fixture flap. Although they set easily by utilizing the perf and score, they stay put even under heavy guest interaction.
When the sign needs to come down, the entire sign can be removed or just the sale sign portion can be removed to leave only the shelf tag price information in the shelf edge data strip. A great way to keep the latest pricing/reordering information at shelf level. For an added bonus, the shelf tag can be flipped over to expose the image of the product if it is empty, so guests/stockers know which product is intended to be there.
Our Tuck-In Tear sign has a product image that is actually "hidden" to the
guest but extremely helpful when hanging the sign at shelf level because
the end-user can match the sign visually when setting.
The UPL is printed upside-down on the back, so when the Tuck-In Tear is
hung in the shelf edge data strip, it reads correctly.
- Keeps sale pricing and permanent pricing together.
- Permanent “UPL” stays into fixture by tearing perf if needed.
- Shelf signs and UPLs, which normally get printed separately, can be combined for reduced labor and print cost!
- Reduce redundancy of labor by not going to the shelf twice.
- All information to do this is included with standard data feed - no extra work on our end!
- Re-Allocates cost of printing separate regular retail price UPL's. Increase efficiencies.
- Maintains paper substrate, eco-friendly and greener than laminated or adhesive stocks.
- Signs will not fall out.
- Addition of product photo - Easier setting, less time in labor.
Abuse Test Video
This video shows how durable the paper signs
are under heavy guest interaction.
Prototype Test Video
Prototype video showing function, folding, setting